Real New Zealand NZCH/Christchurch personal use license only -- please contact me for commercial or multiple license details/pricing.
Update 15 Oct 2019: Real NZ NZCH has had a minor update to version 1.05. This update does not add any features, it just fixes some issues with the photoscenery blend on the Port Hills, the autogen library objects which were causing issues with Prepar3d 4.5, and the new Orbx Central 'migration' feature which has changed the Orbx NZSI location.
There is also a new separate release for those who prefer Orbx landclass rather than the Real NZ photoscenery for the city and surrounding Central Canterbury area. Both downloads are available, and you can choose either, or both, but only one can be installed at once! The new airport-only download is smaller, at 1.41GB.
Christchurch International Airport (NZCH) is the main South Island airport, the second-biggest in New Zealand after Auckland. This scenery includes a large area of photoscenery depicting the city of Christchurch, and a large section of Canterbury between the Ashley and Rakaia rivers, including Banks Peninsula.
This is the Prepar3d v3/v4 version, and there will be a FSX version released shortly, available under a single license. So buy one, get them both. However this doesn't include any future versions as part of the multi-sim project, which aims to support X-plane and Aerofly FS2.
Disclaimer: Any screenshots shown may contain other addons which improve the appearance or operation of NZCH, but are not required or included. These may need to be purchased from their respective developers -- these include GSX, which adds the Visual Display parking systems, Orbx AI traffic, and Orbx HD trees, which improve the look of some of the autogen trees in Christchurch.
I never thought I'd complete a NZCH project. I was born and raised in Christchurch, so I'm particularly proud of my city. It has had a rough time lately with earthquakes, and more recently the mosque shootings, but it will be back better than ever. The scenery depicts the 'current' state of the city, which is in the middle of a major rebuild. The photoscenery depicts some of the changes wrought by the earthquakes, such as the 'red zone' close to the Avon River, where entire suburbs were destroyed. You can see the neatly laid-out streets, but all the homes are gone. The central business district is a dusty building site, mainly.
The rebuild process was estimated to take 15 years, and we are half-way there. I may revisit the city project when it is finished, but I'll be aged about 70 by then, so I'm not promising anything.
A great feature of the area is Banks Peninsula, the remains of two extinct volcanoes, which have eroded into a fascinating landscape of rocky outcrops, bays and convoluted coastlines. It is home to Lyttelton, the Port of Christchurch, linked to the city via a road tunnel under the Port Hills.
- Custom-built, photographically textured Christchurch International Airport;
- Works with and without Orbx NZSI;
- The choice between the full area photoscenery, and for Orbx NZSI users the airport only;
- Full release: approx 7,000 square kilometres of photoscenery, at least 1.2 metre/pixel;
- Full release: Christchurch City at 60cm/px;
- Christchurch International Airport at 7cm/px.
- Animated jetways, controlled by SODE;
- Prepar3d v4 version includes dynamic lights on the tarmac etc.;
- 5 metre elevation data for much of the photoscenery area;
- ...1 metre elevation data for the airport and surrounds;
- GSX 'ini' file included to add GSX features to the gates, including visual guidance systems.
- Approx 2.44GB for the full scenery release, or 1.48GB for the airport-only release.
Note that this is a non-commercial license only, for personal use on a single computer. Please contact me for a commercial license or cost details.